This was pretty easy, just time consuming. Prep the vegetables, simmer in water, add curry flavor block, and serve with fried chicken katsu and rice. I think one potato would've been enough. But I bought two so I decided to go ahead and add it in as well. Here is what I did for the curry with vegetables part of this meal.
Ingredients for curry with vegetables:
- 2 potatoes, rinsed, chopped
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 1 S&B golden curry block
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups water
- Rinse potatoes. Chop into bite size pieces and soak in water for five minutes and drain.
- Rinse carrots. Peel skin, cut and discard ends, and chop into bite size pieces.
- Peel onions. Chop into bite size pieces.
- Heat large skillet and add oil.
- Add onions, carrots, and potatoes. Stir and add water. Cover and let simmer until fork tender.
- Add curry block.
- Stir every few minutes to melt curry block.
- Add peas. Stir through and serve with rice and fried chicken katsu.
IG post of this video: Chicken Katsu Curry with Vegetables (Quick clip)
YouTube post of this video: Chicken Katsu Curry with Vegetables (full video with captions)