I started my focus on eating an abundance of vegetables in mid 2019 after a recommendation by my doctor, who is a Naturopathic physician.
I had an alarming cholesterol rate over 200 points. My Dr. recommended that I eat an abundance of vegetables with a little bit of protein, avoid processed foods, gluten, dairy and alcohol. I didn't completely follow the rules, but I did make a conscious effort to increase my vegetable intake. A month later, my cholesterol was normal.
I have taken the following hands-on cooking classes:
- Farmer's Market & Cooking with Nivea - Santurce, Puerto Rico
- Adobo chicken and beans
- Cucumber, avocado, tomato salad
- Candied papaya with goat cheese
- House of Taste Cooking School - Bangkok, Thailand
- Pad thai with shrimp
- Thai chicken salad
- Green coconut curry with chicken
- Mango with sticky rice
- Culinary Institute of the Pacific - Honolulu, Hawaii (Seed to Table course)
- Kale smoothie
- Pesto with pasta and grilled chicken
- Salad with pears, cheese and toasted walnuts
Update - December 2019: My cholesterol is elevated again. 😐👊 Perhaps this is due to all the holiday gorging and drinking, etc. I need to try harder, I know.
Update - February 2020: My cholesterol is back to normal. I have been taking a red rice yeast supplement.