This recipe doesn't have meat. I googled around and looked at several broccoli salad recipes. Some cooked the broccoli, some did not, some added bacon, and I even stumbled across some vegetarian and vegan recipes. My recipe is not vegan, it just doesn't have meat. I had a huge serving of it with a tuna sandwich. All the fiber in the broccoli kept me full for hours! Without further adieu, here's my recipe.
- 1 head broccoli (crown cut into bite-sized florets, stem cut into matchsticks)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cups red grapes (sliced in half)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Prepare ingredients as indicated above (cut, chop, slice).
- Add broccoli, red onion, red grapes, pumpkin seeds, and almonds to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to broccoli mixture and toss well.