I bought a package of flounder fish fillets from Costco. I never ate flounder before so I was taking a chance. It has a light, flaky texture and it is fine. The recipe I used for my first taste of flounder is from www.beautyandthebenchpress.com. She has a recipe for crispy, battered, air fried fish. It turned out delicious. The only things I did differently was not cut it up into sticks and added some dried parsley to the batter. Here's the link to her original recipe: https://beautyandthebenchpress.com/air-fryer-fish-sticks/
Thursday, September 17, 2020
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
My buddy made these cucumber sandwiches and I decided to film her making them. I don't have the recipe. But the ingredients include mayonnaise, cream cheese, salt, pepper, dill, and garlic powder, bread, and cucumbers. Basically, you slice the cucumbers up, slice the crusts off the bread, and cream the rest of the ingredients to be the glue to the sandwich. Delicious!
IG post of this video: Cucumber Sandwiches (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Cucumber Sandwiches (full video with captions)
Sunday, September 13, 2020
My buddy had a bunch of cucumbers and gave me some. I wasn't sure what to make with them and found a recipe online for gochujang cumbers. It was quick and easy to prepare. I added some hot chili oil and chopped them up instead of slicing. I enjoyed it and ended up buying more cucumbers and making this again after I ate the first batch.
Here is the link to the original recipe from cooking with a wall flower. https://cookingwithawallflower.com/2020/04/08/gochujang-cucumbers/
IG post of this video: Gochujang Cucumbers (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Gochujang Cucumbers (full video with captions)
I made this with just three ingredients. One of my friends gifted me a package of pork panko and I’ve been experimenting cooking with it. This is one of the recipes.
- 2 eggplants
- 1 egg
- pork panko (ground bread crumbs - enough to coat eggplant)
- Rinse eggplants.
- Slice into half-inch pieces.
- In a separate container, beat egg.
- In a separate container, pour out some pork panko.
- Dip eggplant pieces in egg, then in pork panko.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 380 degrees.
IG post of this video: Easy Air Fried Eggplant (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Easy Air Fried Eggplant (full video with captions)
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Chili relleno is traditionally made with chilis, dipped in a batter consisting of flour, and fried in oil. For this experiment, I airfried green bell peppers, peeled the skins, removed the seeds and stems, and pan fried them with an egg mixture. They were just okay. But here's my recipe if you want to try this version. Maybe you can make it better. If so, share your secrets to the improvements with me. I'd like to know. Thanks!
- 6 green bell peppers
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used colby and monterey jack)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- Rinse bell peppers.
- Air fry at 400 for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- Place into closed container for about 10 minutes to sweat.
- Peel skins off, remove seeds and stems.
- Put cheese in each bell pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Coat bell peppers in egg mixture.
- Add avocado oil to hot pan.
- Add bell peppers and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with salsa.
IG post of this video: Bell Pepper Relleno Experiement (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Bell Pepper Relleno Experiment (full video with captions)
Wednesday, September 2, 2020
I love roasted pumpkin and tried air frying it this time. It turned out better. I really like the faster cook time, and the crispier, drier texture. By dry, I don't mean that it's dried out. I mean that it doesn't get soggy the way it does in the oven. Any who, here's my recipe.
- 1 bag precut pumpkin (you can cut your own up if you prefer)
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- Put pumpkin in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Arrange in air fryer pan so that pieces are not overlapped.
- Air fry at 400 for 20 minutes.
IG post of this video: Easy Air Fried Pumpkin (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Easy Air Fried Pumpkin (full video with captions)