Chili relleno is traditionally made with chilis, dipped in a batter consisting of flour, and fried in oil. For this experiment, I airfried green bell peppers, peeled the skins, removed the seeds and stems, and pan fried them with an egg mixture. They were just okay. But here's my recipe if you want to try this version. Maybe you can make it better. If so, share your secrets to the improvements with me. I'd like to know. Thanks!
- 6 green bell peppers
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used colby and monterey jack)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- Rinse bell peppers.
- Air fry at 400 for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- Place into closed container for about 10 minutes to sweat.
- Peel skins off, remove seeds and stems.
- Put cheese in each bell pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Coat bell peppers in egg mixture.
- Add avocado oil to hot pan.
- Add bell peppers and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with salsa.
IG post of this video: Bell Pepper Relleno Experiement (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Bell Pepper Relleno Experiment (full video with captions)