This is roasted eggplant with the skins peeled off, then coated in pork panko, air fried, and served with a tomato/fish sauce salsa. This is a spin off the regular tortang talong dish with a delicious crispy crust.
If you're interested in the regular tortang talong recipe, you can view it here: https://www.abundanceofvegetables.com/2020/06/tortang-talong-fire-roasted-battered.html
- long eggplants
- pork panko
- diced tomatoes
- fish sauce, to taste
- Rinse eggplants.
- Poke holes through eggplant skins, all around.
- Air fry for 20 minutes at 400 degrees, flipping halfway through.
- Put eggplant in a closed container and let sweat for about 10 minutes.
- Peel skins off eggplant and discard.
- Flatten eggplant with a fork.
- Coat eggplant with pork panko.
- Lay pork panko coated eggplants in air fryer pan, making sure not to overlap. Lining your airfryer helps with sticking.
- Air fry for 20 minutes at 400, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with diced tomatoes and fish sauce.