I was craving Korean pancake and whipped this together. I like to put a ton of veggies.
I made a version of this with chickpea flour before and it wasn't that great. You can see my blog post about that here: https://www.abundanceofvegetables.com/2020/02/korean-style-seafood-bok-choy-chickpea.html
Ingredients for Pancake:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped kim chee with juice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 large white onion, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- dash of salt
- 2 Tablespoons hot chili oil for cooking
- sriracha for garnish and flavor
- Prepare ingredients as listed above (chop, shred, slice).
- In a bowl, add flour, egg, kim chee, and slowly add in water while mixing to create batter.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Heat pan. Add oil.
- Add some of the mixture and let set for a few minutes before flipping over to help keep the pancake intact.
- Flip and let cook through.
- Garnish with some sriracha stripes.
YouTube full video: https://youtu.be/oxIlXO9MeLo