This is my take on a creamy coconut Thai curry chicken.I used brown sugar instead of rock sugar and the premade Thai red curry paste. My main picture doesn’t include the turn Thai basil and bean sprouts, but I did enjoy it with some of those. I’ve also seen other types of vegetables in curry but these are what I had on hand.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon red Thai curry paste
- 1 can baby corn
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- Prepare chicken by removing excess fat and slicing into strips.
- To a large, heated saucepan, add the coconut milk, coconut oil, and curry paste. Heat through and break paste down in the liquid.
- Add chicken, stir, and let cook.
- Add baby corn, sugar, and fish sauce.
- Taste and add more fish sauce if you’d prefer it saltier. One Tablespoon was enough for me.
YouTube full video: Red Curry with Chicken and Baby Corn https://youtu.be/t3T41rW7jII
I also brought some for lunch the next day. Yummy!