Hello, guys! We picked some marungay fruit and leaves from the back yard. I cooked up some balatong with the leaves and diningding with the fruit.
Watch the backyard garden to table experience in my YouTube video linked below. I also cooked the fruit.
Here’s my balatong recipe.
7-10 dried shrimp, soaked in water
1/2 c mung beans, rinsed
1/2 medium tomato, sliced
1/2 small onion, sliced
2 T olive oil
2 T chopped garlic
2 cups water
1 t chicken bouillon
1 T fish sauce
1/2 cup marungay leaves
1. Soak dried shrimp in water.
2. Rinse mung beans well.
3. Slice tomatoes and onions.
4. Heat small pot and add olive oil.
5. Add sliced tomatoes, onions, and garlic and stir fry until slightly softened.
6. Add mung beans, water, chicken bouillon, fish sauce, and shrimp. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
7. Add water to adjust the consistency if you like it soupier. Simmer until mung beans are cooked, about 10 minutes.
8. Turn off heat. Add marungay leaves and stir in.
9. Serve with rice.
YouTube full video https://youtu.be/ucls_XLNwi4?si=EDNSSSeaVEgyUZgu