I was so lucky to have some pre-made, fire-roasted, peeled long eggplant. It was literally fire-roasted on hot coals. My grandma had it in her freezer the last time I visited her and she gave it to me. The intent was to make a filipino dish called tortang talong, which is this type of prepared eggplant, dipped in scrambled eggs and fried. Obviously, these eggplant never made it to be tortang talong. I got busy with life and it stayed in the freezer. Instead, I made this.
- Sprinkle of salt for boiling water
- 1 box pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 long eggplant, roasted, peeled, and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 bottle marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain.
- Prepare ingredients as listed above (chop).
- Put oil in heated pan.
- Add garlic and onions. Stir fry until fragrant and onions are translucent.
- Add eggplant, marinara sauce, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Spread pasta into 9x13 pan. Add sauce and mix with pasta.
- Top pasta mix with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (uncovered) for 30 minutes.
IG post of this video: Fire-Roasted Eggplant Pasta Bake (short clip, sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Fire-Roasted Eggplant Pasta Bake (full video with captions)