This is one of those dishes where you clean out your fridge and use whatever you have on hand. I do that a lot and included an entire bag of frozen vegetables. Frozen vegetables are not my favorite, but I purchased it about a month ago in anticipation of the possibility of food being scarce, due to covid-19. Certain store shelves (paper goods) have been cleared, but I'm glad food is not scarce. Here's how my dish was made.
- 1/2 package bacon, chopped
- 1/2 block tofu, chopped into cubes
- 3 cups pak choy, chopped
- 2 heaping spoonfuls minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggies
- 1/4 c oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon hot chili oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (it was a little less than one cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions.
- Prepare ingredients as described above (chop, mince).
- Stir fry bacon until cooked.
- Add garlic, celery, pak choy, mixed veggies, tofu, soy sauce, sesame oil, hot chili oil.
- Stir fry.
- Add rice and stir fry, mixing well.
- Add green onions. Mix well.
IG post of this video: Fried Rice with Bacon and an Abundance of Vegetables (short clip, sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Fried Rice with Bacon and an Abundance of Vegetables (full video with captions)
Post a Comment