I wanted to eat stuffed cabbage rolls, but didn't want to actually stuff any cabbage. Lol. So i just chopped it up and made the meat part into meatballs instead.
Here is a link to the original recipe I found https://www.smalltownwoman.com/cabbage-rolls/. My version had some changes like omitted the rice, substituted white sugar for brown (because that's what I had on hand), used all ground beef (no pork sausage), and did not stuff or bake anything. It still turned out really delicious.
Here's my version.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon white sugar
- 1 large cabbage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare ingredients as described above (chop, mince)
- Heat pot and add oil, half the onions and half the garlic. Saute until softened.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, and sugar. Stir.
- Add cabbage and cover. Stir occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, combine ground beef, remaining onion and garlic, egg, parsley, and paprika.
- Form small meatballs and airfry at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Add meatballs to pot of cabbage and let simmer together for a few minutes.