Fresh veggies were used for this dish because I had time to prep them. Sometimes I don’t have time or would rather not deal with prep so I’ll use frozen veggies for convenience. The texture is not the same, but they do just as fine. Here’s a past post of a chicken and veggie store fry I did with frozen vegetables: https://youtu.be/Kv0Ad8_00aE
Here’s how I did this fresh veggie version. Cook the quinoa first because it takes the longest. It should be done by the time you’re done with the stir fry.
Ingredients for Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
Instructions for Quinoa:
- Rinse quinoa and transfer to rice cooker pot.
- Add water and chicken bouillon.
- Press the rice cooker button.
Ingredients for Chicken Stir Fry:
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stem peeled and sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large chicken thigh, skinned, deboned, and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- Dash of salt
- Scrunch of pepper
- Cornstarch slurry (1 part cornstarch: 2 parts water)
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
Instructions for Chicken Stir Fry:
- Prepare ingredients as listed above (chop, sliced, cut, peel, etc.)
- Add olive oil to heated pan.
- Add chicken, salt, and pepper, and stir fry until no pink visible.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, add sesame oil, garlic, and onions. Stir fry until onions slightly softened.
- Add broccoli, carrots, oyster sauce, red pepper flakes, and water. Stir, cover and let steam for about five minutes.
- Add chicken back in and add cornstarch slurry.
- Stir and let sauce thicken for a few minutes.
- Serve with quinoa. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
YouTube short: https://youtube.com/shorts/-vuNz93RWv8?feature=share
YouTube full video: https://youtu.be/T8NWuAEwjV4
Post a Comment