I think I was following a recipe and modified it a bit. I’m just not sure what recipe I was following because I can’t find it. The original recipe didn’t ask for it to be air fried, but I wasn’t in the mood for super soft tofu. Here’s what I did. Turned out okay, but I’d prefer the tofu even drier and with more texture.
- 1 block tofu
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 inches ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 T corn starch
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c chopped green onion
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggies
- Sesame seeds and hot chili oil for garnish
- Open tofu, place on a pan lined with paper towel.
- Add another pan or plate on top of the tofu and add something to weigh it down. This will help squeeze the liquid out.
- Prepare the sauce. In a little pot add the brown sugar, ground ginger, garlic powder, sesame seeds, white vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, water, ginger, and garlic. Bring to boil.
- Prepare the cornstarch slurry. Add cold water to cornstarch and stir until lumps gone.
- One sauce is boiling, turn off heat, add slurry, and stir. Add green onions and stir in. Reserve about 1/2 cup for the veggies.
- Slice tofu into cubes and place in baking pan.
- Pour sauce over tofu and Airfry for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Pour mixed veggies in pan. Stir fry with sauce reserved from earlier until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
YouTube short: Tofu with mixed vegetables https://youtu.be/SEdGRlz3Yuk
YouTube full video: Tofu with mixed veggies https://youtu.be/kJxpjcIdsEI
Post a Comment