I got a big bag of broccoli from Costco for this week's vegetables. I can't just have the same regular, plain broccoli all week. I have to make at least one different style of broccoli. A google search returned a broccoli salad recipe that was kinda like a cole slaw. I didn't have all the ingredients, but I pivoted and used what I had on hand.
Here is the link to the original recipe: https://www.spendwithpennies.com/broccoli-salad/. Thanks for the idea, www.spendwithpennies.com!
Here is my variation of it. I roasted the broccoli instead of having it raw, used pumpkin seeds instead of sunflower, used a shallot instead of red onion, and omitted the salt.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- splash of olive oil
- 1-1/2 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 big shallot, chopped
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- sprinkle of ground pepper
- Splash some olive oil on the broccoli florets and air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Cut into small pieces. (I cut it with scissors and let it land directly on the broccoli.
- Chop shallots.
- Combine shallots with all remaining ingredients to create dressing. Mix well.
- Add dressing to broccoli and bacon and mix well.
IG post of this video: Broccoli Salad (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Broccoli Salad (regular speed, full video)