I am trying to get more vegetables in my diet so I need to keep it interesting. This salad is colorful and that helps stimulate my senses. It looks nice. Unfortunately, it was a little bland. So I decided to add some salad dressing at the end.
You can really add any kind of vegetables or beans you like to this type of salad. It's also a great way to use up any small bits of vegetables you have in your fridge so they don't go to waste. This was my way to use up the canned goods I had in my cabinet.
Here's the recipe for the salad pictured above.
- 2 small heads broccoli, cut into florets and stems peeled and sliced, and roasted/air fried with oil
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 big shallots, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas (garbonzo beans)
- 1 can corn
- 1 can beets, chopped
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- drizzle of garlic infused mac nut oil
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salad dressing (optional - I needed more flavor.)
- Cut broccoli, toss in oil, and air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Chop cucumber, tomato, and shallots.
- Open cans of chickpeas, corn, and beets. Drain in colander.
- Combine all ingredients and toss well.
- Add additional dressing for flavor if desired.
Chickpea Veggie Salad (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Chickpea Veggie Salad (normal speed, full video)