I harvested some lima bean pods from my grandparents' garden. So they're homegrown, organic, sustainable, and after I cooked them, it's garden to table. Ha! I enjoyed it as a side dish with some ribs, white rice, and a little tomato salad.
- Lima beans
- garlic, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- water for boiling
- Pick lima bean pods.
- Bring pot of water to boil.
- Rinse lima bean pods and remove beans from pods.
- Boil lima beans for 3 minutes, until fork tender and drain.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add garlic and olive oil to butter and stir until fragrant.
- Add beans, salt, and pepper and stir.