This is easy, it just takes a long time to cook.
- luau leaves
- filling of choice (I used beef and salmon)
- hawaiian salt
- Rinse luau leaves.
- Cut stems off, strip skins off, cut into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Stack several leaves from big to small, in the same direction.
- Add filling, some stems, and hawaiian salt to the middle and wrap it up.
- Wrap with ti leaf or foil.
- Steam for 3-4 hours.
Also see my previous post making laulau: https://www.abundanceofvegetables.com/2019/11/one-leaf-method-laulau-wrapping.html