My father gave me a bunch of organic, homegrown eggplant. I already made one of my favorite recipes, tortang talong, with it and I didn't want to make it again. I have this problem where I will have something over and over again until get sick of it and don't want to have it for a long time.
I made this really good chia seed pudding three or four years ago. It was so delicious, that I made it again and again, until I had enough. Until today, I'm still tired of it. I don't want to do that with tortang talong. Here's my post about tortang talong, if you're interested. https://www.abundanceofvegetables.com/2020/06/tortang-talong-fire-roasted-battered.html
So, I searched recipes for eggplant and found this Salmon Paprikash. Here's the link to the original recipe: https://sunbasket.com/recipe/salmon-with-eggplant-paprikash I didn't have fresh tomatoes on hand, and made some modifications. It was pretty good.
Here's my version.
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 eggplants, chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 salmon filet, 4-5 ounces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare ingredients as described above (chop, slice, etc.)
- Heat pan. Add onion and garlic and stir fry until fragrant.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Rub in and airfry at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Add eggplant to pan with onions and garlic.
- Add paprika, tomato paste, and water to pan.
- Season with a dash of salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
- simmer until liquid is reduced and thickened.
- Top with airfried salmon.
Watch me make it.
IG post of this video: Salmon with Eggplant Paprikash (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Salmon Paprikash (full video with captions)