This is paleo-friendly. No beans included.
I usually add zucchini to this, but I didn't have any and I wasn't in the mood for a trip to the store. I've been trying to eat less carbs, so I had the chili on a bed of mixed greens instead of rice. Delicious!
Here's my recipe.
- 1 package ground turkey (approximately 2 pounds)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 bell peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 dashes of parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, but I like the heat)
- Prepare ingredients as described above (chop, slice, etc.)
- Brown ground turkey.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well, cover, simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir one more time.
IG post of this video: Beanless Turkey Chili (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Turkey Chili (full video with captions)