Chicken and vegetables stir fry
I would’ve liked this dish with more broccoli, but that’s all I had left.
I love ingredients that make weeknight cooking more quick and convenient. Pre-cut, pre-rinsed broccoli florets, pre-frozen, portions of chicken, and pre-chopped garlic are so convenient.
As far as garlic goes, I personally prefer the flavor and aroma of fresh garlic and I like a lot of it. It's not hard to prepare it, but sometimes I would just rather take the shortcut of pre-chopped, preserved garlic to save some time. I get it in bulk because it's just cheaper if you use a lot of garlic. The brand of garlic I used in this recipe was Kirkland Signature, the one from Costco.
My measurements are approximate. I usually "eyeball" it and taste if it needs more of anything.
- 4 chicken tenders, defrosted and sliced
- 4 carrots, chopped into matchsticks
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- Dash of Sesame seeds
- Prep all ingredients as described above (chop, mince, measure).
- Heat large pan.
- Add olive oil.
- Add garlic. Cook and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add chicken. Stir fry making sure there is no pink left. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add onions, carrots, broccoli, bell peppers. Cover and let cook until color brightens, about 5 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and stir well.
- Add chicken back to pan and stir well.
- Add sesame oil and stir well.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Chicken & Vegetables Stir Fry
Post a Comment