My friend recently treated me to dinner at a restaurant called Eating House 1849 in the International Marketplace in Waikiki, Hawaii. We ordered a variety of dishes to taste and share including the Pipikaula, Brussels and Cauliflower, Spicy Ramen, Farmer's salad, Seared Fish, and their signature Chocolate lava cake.
The Brussels and Cauliflower was my favorite dish of all. It came dressed in a balsamic vinegar sauce with pine nuts and raisins. There's a tangyness from the vinegar, a crunch from the nuts, and a little sweetness from the raisins. It also tasted like there was some butter in there. I don't know if it was fried or roasted.
At home, I had dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. So this recipe is an experimental spin on it. It turned out tasty, but the Brussels and Cauliflower is soooo much better. I don't go to Waikiki often, but if I do, I'd definitely order it again. Yum!
- 2 cups brussels sprouts (rinsed, trimmed, and cut in half)
- 1/2 cup olive oil infused with garlic (Don't remove garlic. You can use a lot less oil than this, but I knew that the excess would fall to the bottom of the air fryer pan.)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce dried cranberries (1 small snack box)
- 2 Tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Prepare ingredients as described above (rinse, trim, infuse, etc.)
- Place brussels sprouts in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Put everything in airfryer pan.
- Air fry for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
IG post of this video: Air Fried Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries & Pepitas (sped up to fit IG video time limit)
YouTube post of this video: Air Fried Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries & Pepitas (Regular Speed)
Post a Comment