|Smooth - Wrapped in foil and chopped after air frying|
|More Texture - Chopped prior to air frying|
I have made this recipe before. I was thinking it would be like a spicy potato salad, but with pumpkin instead of potatoes. It turned out great and I love the bite of the raw onion and garlic. If you love onions, garlic, and spice, you'll probably love this dish.
The last time I made this, I chopped the pumpkin prior to roasting it in the air fryer. This gave more texture to the pumpkin pieces and more mouthfeel.
This time, I wrapped the pumpkin in foil and chopped it after air frying. This way is smoother, more similar in texture to an actual potato salad.
Either way is delicious. It just depends on your preference. I like both. Recipe and instructions below are fore the smoother version.
- 1/2 kabocha pumpkin, seeded
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c green onion, chopped
- 1/2 c red onion, chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 dash dried parsley
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- Prepare ingredients as described above (seed, chop).
- Rub avocado oil all over the pumpkin.
- Wrap oiled pumpkin in foil and air fry for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Let pumpkin cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Cut cooled pumpkin into 1-inch cubes.
- Add pumpkin to spicy mixture and mix well.
IG post of this video: Air Fried Spicy Pumpkin Salad (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Air Fried Spicy Pumpkin Salad (regular speed)