I had a bit of broccoli left from the bulk bag I bought and didn't know what to make with it, but didn't want it to go to waste. I checked my freezer and found bacon and shredded cheese in the freezer. So this was a perfect clean-up-the-fridge recipe.
If you watch my video(s), you'll see that it's obvious I had just taken the bacon and cheese out of the freezer. I like to get certain things in bulk and freeze the rest. It's cheaper in the long run if you use those items frequently. Toilet paper, dish liquid, coffee and laundry detergent are some great examples.
But I have this problem with buying so much cheese. I always think I'm going to just find a lot of recipes with cheese or eat a little cheese everyday. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way for me and I end up giving away my cheese because I have too much. I've bought cheese in bulk and gave away half at least five times already. Lmao!
*Please note that I used a small toaster oven for this and you may need to adjust your cooking times and settings accordingly.
- 3-4 cups broccoli
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used mozarella and cheddar)
- 1/2 package bacon
- Chop bacon and stir fry until crispy.
- Drain bacon on paper towel to absorb excess fat.
- Place broccoli on baking sheet and drizzle oil all over.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees (toast temp setting).
- Remove broccoli from oven.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees (toast temp setting).
IG post of this video: Cheesy Broccoli Bacon Bake (sped up to fit IG time limit)
YouTube post of this video: Cheesy Broccoli Bacon Bake (regular speed)
Post a Comment