This was my first time trying broccoli romanesco. I didn't intentionally choose this. I actually wanted broccolini, which was what I placed in my Amazon Prime Whole Foods order. That was not available at the time, so it was replaced with the next bet substitute, which is this broccoli romanesco.
The actual look of it resembles a cross between a head of cauliflower and a lighter color of green. The texture is a bit harder and it doesn't crumble as easily as cauliflower does. I cooked it in my air fryer with my go-to spices for vegetables, which consist of olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
I had it with some pork panko turkey burgers. Here's the recipe for them.
- 1 package ground turkey (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- dash of salt
- dash of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- pork panko to coat
- Mix all ingredients above, except pork panko.
- Press balls of turkey mixture onto pork panko.
- Air fry for 20 minutes at 380 degrees.
IG post of this video: Air Fried Broccoli Romanesco and Pork Panko Turkey Burgers (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Air Fried Broccoli Romanesco and Pork Panko Turkey Burgers (full video with captions)