This is a super simple 4-ingredient dish that I put together with random things I had in the fridge. It's winter and I have been cold a lot, so naturally, I want to eat warm soup. I bought bok choy and mushrooms with the intent of eating it with a soup. I added some to a saimin, but then didn't want to eat saimin again and wasn't sure what kind of broth to make to eat the rest.
I didn't want the rest to go to waste. So, that's when I came up with this stir fry idea. I've never had stir fried enoki mushrooms, but figured I give it a try. It was delicious. I only used four ingredients. The vegetables are seasoned with the flavors from the sausage.
Here's my recipe.
- 1 Portuguese sausage, 5 ounces, sliced into coins
- 2 baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 bunch enoki mushrooms, about 5 ounces, chopped into 2-inch pieces, discard roots
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Prepare ingredients as described above (slice, chop, etc.)
- Stir fry Portuguese sausage until it forms brown edges.
- Add garlic, bok choy, and mushrooms.
- Stir fry until bok choy and mushrooms have wilted.
IG post of this video: Enoki, Bok Choy, Garlic & Sausage Stir Fry (sped up for IG)
YouTube post of this video: Enoki, Bok Choy, Garlic, & Stir Fry (regular speed, full video)